I’m back with another quick decoration DIY today. Wood has a gorgeous natural, Skandi feel when you decorate your tree with it. So I’m keeping it minimal with these wood circles. I’m a big believer that a little bit of gold goes a long way at this time of year. And you need that shiny surface to reflect all those twinkly lights!
Keep scrolling for more instructions.
*Contain affiliate links – Purchase through Amazon Prime and have everything you need to make these this weekend!
- Place the circle of wood on a scrap piece of wood. Use a small drill bit to make a hole in near the top of the circle. Sand down the rough edges.
- Paint on the guilding paste over the area you want to cover with gold. Wait for 5-10 minutes until the paste is almost dry then place the guilding sheet silver side down onto the paste.
- Rub the metallic sheet with your fingers then peel back the top layer.
- Repeat these steps to cover any areas that did not adhere fully.
- Thread a piece of cotton cord through the hole and tie into a loop.