Each year we add a few more DIY ornaments to the tree. And while I believe that pretty much everything goes together on a Christmas tree, making things that won’t completely clash with everything else on the tree is pretty satisfying!
Black and white together is classic and easily goes with any colour, including the all-important bronze, gold or silver (because you’ve always got to have at least one shiny, bling it up colour at Christmas!)
I’ve found that one of the easiest ways to mix up your decorations while keeping them cohesive is playing with texture. There’s often a lot of shiny, hard ornaments on the tree so switch things up a little with these soft, felted stars. And really you don’t have to stick to black and white. The best thing about making your own decorations is that you can do absolutely anything you like with them. Pick your colour scheme (or don’t) and go all out!
Merino Wool in Black and White | Needle Felting Kit | Star Cookie Cutter | Cotton Cord
1. Place the cookie cutter onto the sponge and fill the top half with white wool top. Using a single needle (this makes it easier to get into the corners) stab at the wool until it has a flat even surface.
2. Add the black wool to the bottom of the cutter slightly over lapping the white section and stab the wool again. Once the wool is flat and even pull it away from the sponge, then place the cookie cutter back onto the sponge, put the felted star back into the cutter and stab again. This time pay a lot of attention to the outer edges and the middle where the colours meet.
3. Gently pull the star off the sponge again and remove the cutter. Work around the edge with the needle to neaten up the shape. Watch your fingers!
4. Trim around the star with a sharp pair of scissors to get a really crisp edge.
5. Poke a hole through the top point of the star and thread through the cotton cord. Tie this into a loop and cut off the excess.
I’ve never actually tried felting, and these stars look so great!
Those stars look so cute!
lyn stewart says
what type of sponge should i look for when felting.
Emma van Steen says
I am disappointed i didn’t find these in time for xmas, they are fantastic, i will have to remember them for next year. Super duper cute.
I believe that pretty much everything goes together on a Christmas tree, making things that won’t completely clash with everything else on the tree is pretty satisfying. I am disappointed i didn’t find these in time for xmas, they are fantastic, i will have to remember them for next year. Super duper cute. May you receive all that you desire for and dream for. May this Christmas bring you all that you need in life. Merry Christmas!
Gorgeous Emi. You could use different coloured felt depending on your color theme. Fabulous!!
massage center says
IZSPA, is the heaven in form of spa we are best body massage service provider in Bangalore.We offer our customers massages like Female to Male,Body to Body Massage, Thai Massage and many more modern and traditional types massages provided by IZSPA in best prices.
Visit full body massage near me
spa near me says
One of the oldest healing practices is massage. Massage was used to treat many ailments by ancient peoples such as the Ancient Greeks and Egyptians, Chinese, and Chinese.
Visit female to male spa near me
Four Hand Massages, Chocolate Massages, Couples Massages, Deep Tissue Massages, Deep Tissue Massages, Sandwich Massages, Body to Body Massages, Happy Ending Massage Services and Swedish Massage are some of the services we offer to our clients.Visit body spa near me