I always love making gifts but I must admit I have found it overwhelming in previous years. The struggle is keeping the gifts simple enough to easily make, but interesting enough so they look like it took much longer. Well, welcome to soap making! I love using melt and pour soap bases because they are incredibly easy to shape, colour and add scents too. You don’t have to mess around with chemicals and you can make them into any shape and even as personalised letters!
But today I’m going to show you how easy it is to make these Swiss Cheese Plant leaves and they are a whole lot easier than they look! Don’t believe me? Read on/
[CBC country=”uk” show=”no”]Melt and Pour soap – clear and white[/CBC]
[CBC country=”uk” show=”yes”]Melt and Pour soap – clear and white[/CBC]
Concentrated Food Colouring
Swiss Cheese Cookie Cutters
Heat Proof Measuring Jug
1. Cut up the soap into small pieces. Add to a microwavable jug and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until it’s all liquid. Alternatively use a pyrex bowl over a pan of hot water on a low heat. Add in drops of blue and yellow food colouring. You want to make several different shades of green to create the pattern on the leaves. You can do that in separate containers before pouring into the tray. Add any essential oils and scents now to make your soaps smell great!
2. Pour the soap into the tray. As it cools mix the colours together so they marble.
3. Keep adding in lighter colours and mixing them. The surface of the soap will become uneven. I like this but you can cut it off later in you prefer. Keep pouring in soap until it’s as high as the cookie cutter.
4. Once the soap has cooled use a hammer to gently tap the cookie cutters into the soap. Once the cutter has gone all the way through the soap carefully lift it out.
5. Push the soap leaf out of the cutter and repeat!
You can cut a hole in the leaf and hang from a rope or just
leaf leave them as they are. Or maybe try some more colourful versions. If you do then please show me by tagging #fallfordiy over on Instagram.
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog says
What a wonderful idea, and a bar of soap I would actually make. I love how natural they look and how well they’d fit in with a minimal home.
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
These look so great x
Jessica — NinetyCo
its a fun way to stay organized and it also makes each recipe way easier to find. i used the hp sprocket to print the cute little photos. then all that’s left is to jot down the steps and ingredients and you’ve got another hit meal archived. it’s all very quick. the printer is also so tiny it would probably fit in your recipe box (or make a super dope stocking stuffer). i used sticker film so they stick right onto the recipe cards.
massage near me says
Couples massage is often associated with relaxation. Therapists may use a variety of massage techniques, including deep tissue, Swedish, and hot stones. They will mainly focus on releasing tension in the neck, shoulders and back.Visit body spa near me
b2b spa says
Are you looking for the best body to body massage services in Bangalore? Come visit our spa and we will make sure you leave with a smile on your face. Our masseuses are trained professionals who know how to give you exactly what you need.Visit spa near to me
I’m very happy to see your post.I found the most beautiful and fascinating thing.I’m so happy to visit your post. https://totoforce.com/
That is a really important issue in the modern world. Thank you very much for sharing this post, I appreciate your work. It was a very informative post. Find many useful and informative links.I liked your writing, too. The concept of the subject was well discussed. I want to come back here. Thank you so much for writing such a good article. https://majornoriter.com/
Kirk Weber says
I recently used a cover letter service to help me create a professional and effective cover letter for a job application. The service was fantastic, as the writer was able to take my background and experience and craft a compelling letter that really spoke to the needs and values of the company I was applying to. The writer also provided valuable feedback and suggestions on how to improve my letter and make it more engaging and relevant. Overall, I highly recommend using a cover letter writing service for anyone looking to stand out in their job search and increase their chances of getting hired.