Today is the 12th and final day in our 12 Shades of Christmas collaboration with Dulux UK. I really hope you’ve enjoyed seeing just how many different things you can make with only a tester pot of paint. If you’ve missed any of the last 12 posts we’ve rounded them up here on this page. Hop over and Pin it for later!
For our final tutorial I wanted to show you how you can easily stencil letters onto fabric with a Dulux tester paint. You don’t even need to thin the paint or mix with a fabric medium. It works just fine on its own!
I actually make my own stencils with my Silhouette. This comes in pretty useful for a range of different things. If you plan to make lots it is well worth the investment. But if not you can cut the stencil out of adhesive vinyl with a craft knife or use letter stencils.
- 50ml Dulux tester pots in Mulberry Burst, Rich Black, Party Surprise 4 & Tuscan Glade 2
- Drawstring bags
- Vinyl or letter stencils
- Sponge dabber
1. Insert a piece of scrap paper into the bag to stop the paint seeping through. Lay it on a flat surface with the side you want to paint onto facing up.
2. Lay your stencil in place. I prefer adhesive stencils when you’re working with fabric as it helps to stop the paint from bleeding out underneath the stencil.
3. With small amounts of paint on your sponge dab over the open areas of the stencil until you have even coverage.
4. Leave the paint to dry before peeling back the stencil.
Now just take the paper out and put your gift in! You can personalise the phrases or words to make them ideal for your giftee. Put that imagination to good use and then show us on Instagram using the tag #12ShadesofChristmas!
*This post is sponsored by Dulux. Thank you for supporting the companies that support Fall For DIY.
I love the idea! x
Jessica — NinetyCo
These are great! Another reason to lust after a Silhouette…
Great idea! Can you wash the bags? Or will the paint be affected?
massage near me says
Couples massage is often associated with relaxation. Therapists may use a variety of massage techniques, including deep tissue, Swedish, and hot stones. They will mainly focus on releasing tension in the neck, shoulders and back.Visit body massage near me
b2b spa says
Are you looking for the best body to body massage services in Bangalore? Come visit our spa and we will make sure you leave with a smile on your face. Our masseuses are trained professionals who know how to give you exactly what you need.Visit spa near to me