When Buzzfeed contacted me about a potential DIY collaboration with TOMS I jumped at the chance. TOMS is a lovely ethical company that donates a pair of shoes to a child in need each and every time a pair is bought. I’ve been an admirer of theirs for some time now and was delighted to get my hands on a pair to customise. Me and 10 other bloggers put our skills to the test to create this amazing range of DIY TOMS on Buzzfeed. Here’s how I did mine:
Cotton Bud and Baking Paper
1. Squeeze out a blob of glue onto the baking paper.
2. Dip your cotton bud into the glue and spread it onto the back of your pearl.
3. Press the pearls against the fabric. Start along the visible TOMS line, gluing the pearls about 1/2” apart.
4. Glue the next row in between the first. Continue this process, moving towards the front of the shoe. You’ll start to see diagonal lines forming. Follow these lines to help you when you’re attaching the studs to the front of the shoe.
5. Adhere the pearls along the sides of the TOMS using the same pattern.
6. Just leave the glue to dry and you’re done!
The comments are pretty hilarious at the end of the Buzzfeed post. Some people really hate TOMS. Yes, they might not be the most formal foot wear but each to their own I say. You want to wear fancy TOMS to a garden party? You go girl(/guy they’re for boys too)!