I am thoroughly enjoying this mini terrazzo trend that’s taken off this summer. I remember around the beginning of the marble trend I was obsessed and made as many things into marbled versions as I could. Then, of course, it hit the mainstream and now you can buy everything your heart desires in marble. We’re not quite there yet with this new beautiful trend so why not get ahead of the curve?
I’ve been working on this technique for a while and as you’ll see I’ve applied it to a number of different surfaces without any issues, thanks to Rust-oleum Painters Touch multi purpose spray paints. It works on both small and large scale and you can keep the textures in the terrazzo flat and colourful or detailed and natural. It’s up to you!
DIY Terrazzo Concrete Book Ends
Rust-oleum Painters Touch multi purpose spray paints | Adhesive Vinyl | Craft Knife
Postal Tube | Concrete | Sander
1. To make the book-ends cut the postal tube in two and fill both ends with concrete. Roll them between your hands to bring the air bubbles to the surface.
2. Once the concrete has set peel back the cardboard and sand out any uneven sections.
3. Cut out your terrazzo pattern into the vinyl. Don’t worry about cutting out every single shape you want to make. In fact, it’s better if you cut fewer shapes. This is because we’ll be using the stencil many times to make the pattern in different colours.
4. Place the finished stencil over the object you wish to transform. Cover any areas you don’t want to paint. Spray a light layer over the surface of the template. Repeating once dry until you have the coverage you want.
5. Once the paint is dry carefully peel back the vinyl and reposition. Don’t worry if some of the shapes lay over the painted sections. This will give your design a natural look.
6. Repeat step two. Continue to reposition and paint until you’re happy with the design.
You can try this technique on small or large scale projects and Rust-oleum multi purpose paints work with wood, ceramics, metal, concrete and even vinyl surfaces. What’s stopping you!?
Hi! I know I am alittle late on findings this but I love this idea for a coffee table in my living room. I was curious to the vinyl adhesive, which kind did you use? I am only seeing permanent adhering one.
Thank you for your help!
You can use contact paper and they sell it at any craft store. They sell them in small rolls and the sticky adhesive is very sticky for masking shapes but easily removable.
Madi Vos says
I love you stuff so much! I really want to try these but I can’t never find the correct concrete. What brand/ type do you use??
Cool ideas, thank you for even taking the time to share! Definitely look forward to using some of these
Bakersfield Concrete Experts
spa near me says
IZSPA, is the heaven in form of spa we are best body massage service provider in Bangalore.We offer our customers massages like Female to Male,Body to Body Massage, Thai Massage and many more modern and traditional types massages provided by IZSPA in best prices.
Visit full body massage near me
spa near me says
You have been looking for an amazing place to get your massage service, but have you checked out our site yet? Visit massage center near to me
Four Hand Massages, Chocolate Massages, Couples Massages, Deep Tissue Massages, Deep Tissue Massages, Sandwich Massages, Body to Body Massages, Visit massage centre near me
this pattern is really in right now. i’m not sure if i like it or not. i think it’s growing on me though
Very much appreciated. Thank you for this excellent article. Keep posting!