I’m so happy to be working with FIMO on this sponsored post today! I’ve used FIMO polymer clay in so many DIY’s for this blog, so I’m really excited we’re collaborating on this project.
One of the things that makes Christmas feel really magical to me is the lighting. When the days are colder and darker, twinkling lights have this warmth to them that creates such a romantic mood! With this is mind throughout the year I top up my candle supply in preparation for the winter months and especially the festive season. (Top tip – head to IKEA for your pillar candles!!)
Today’s tutorial is a super quick way to give your candles a Scandi makeover for that minimal, hygge vibe. Turning any shelf/mantel into an Instaworthy space with ease. To do this I’m using an amazing new material from FIMO. This new Leather Effect clay is a revolution! The finished project looks and acts like leather, but has all the versatility of clay when you’re working with it. It means you can create patterns, shapes and imprints in leather like items without having to learn a new skill! How great is that!?
I especially love this look with a glass candle holder. The shiny glass and the texture of the clay is a great combination, but you can also add this to candles directly. You should remove the wrap before lighting (very easily done) to be extra safe!
+ FIMO leather-effect clay
+ FIMO clay machine or Acrylic Roller
+ Craft knife
+ FIMO oven thermometer
+ Hole punch
+ FIMO gold leaf metal
+ Craft glue
1. Take the Leather Effect clay out of the packaging and roll or press down until you’re able to put it through your clay machine on the number 1 setting (this is the largest sized gap). It works like a pasta machine, so use the handle to feed the clay through into a thin strip.
If you’re using the acrylic roller you can roll the clay out as thinly as possible. This will give you an even effect and help the clay become more durable when baked.
2. Change the setting to number 4 and run it through again. Then change the setting to 7 and run it through one final time.
3. One of the best things about this clay is how you can cut and shape it after it has been baked. We’re going to take advantage of that element later, but I also want to cut the FIMO before baking it. Use your craft knife to cut a long strip around 2 inches thick and long enough to easily wrap around your candle/candle holder with a few inches to spare.
4. Bake the clay using the instructions on the packet. I always use my oven thermometer when I’m baking FIMO clay. My oven is always wildly off the actual temperature (which makes me feel better about my terrible baking skills) and after putting the work into your project you don’t want to destroy it right at the end of the process.
5. Once it’s cooled after baking, wrap around the candle and trim to size with scissors. Take it back off the candle and bring the two ends together. Holding them together punch a hole through both pieces at the same time.
6. Add some craft glue (PVA, multipurpose or fabric glue will work well) around the circle. Try to create an even ring and wipe away any excess with a toothpick.
7. Cut out a square of gold foil, then once the glue has started to dry, but is still tacky lay the foil over the top. Gently press down at the edges and the middle. When the glue is dry brush away the excess foil to leave a gold ring.
Repeat this step on the other hole ensuring you’re adding the gold leaf to the same side of the strip as the first.
8. Wrap the strip around the candle and glue the excess together to create the tabs. Using scissors trim the edges so they are clean and straight.
And your wrap is ready! After I made these I thought how cute they would look with a festive pattern stamped into the clay. Or even a name for a gift! You could create a speckled look with tiny flecks of clay before putting through the roller for the last time. Or create a marbled look. I always find creating is always the best way to find inspiration. I just need to make more now!
Tier 2 Keto says
When someone writes an article he/she maintains the plan of a user in his/her
brain that how a user can understand it. Thus that’s why this
piece of writing is outstdanding. Thanks!
Use cheap, transparent shower curtains over the windows that receive sunlight. This will keep the cold air out, and the warmth from the sun will heat your house without cold air coming in.
A set of heavy curtains can block heavy drafts of air. Open them when the sun is shining and close them when it’s not.
Jack William says
The rule of thumb would be not to buy them anything you think they might need, but rather buy something they might appreciate, but never put on their wishlist. The https://www.puretravel.com/blog/2021/08/18/4-creative-writing-tips-to-improve-your-travel-writing/ share some more ideas for upcoming projects.
b2b spa near me says
Since a back rub is additionally extremely cozy it fabricates a passionate associate between the accomplices getting the back rub.Visit massage in bangalore
b2b spa near me says
You have been looking for an amazing place to get your massage service Visit spa in Bangalore female to male
massage is a great way to relieve muscle pain, soreness, and tension. It doesn’t matter whether this pain was caused by physical or mental stress, Visit body to body massage centres near me