These sandals are inspired by THESE amazing strappy bad boys. I’m a big sandals fan. I think maybe because they always remind me of holidays and summertime. I get a bit excited each year when the weather is just about warm enough to walk around, toe baring, without looking like a crazy fool! I want to wear these everyday. Lets just hope it doesn’t rain…
- Cut a strip of gold ribbon to fit the size of the strap.
- Using a blade or needle mark the points to punch holes going through the ribbon and into the leather.
- Carefully line your hole punch to your markings and punch a hole.
- Do this in both sides of the strap, and the ribbon.
- Following the instructions included with your eyelet packet attach the ribbon to the sandal.
- If you have smaller straps like I have on my sandals, use gold tape. Secure the ends with a few stitches to stop it peeling off.
Take your time with the rivets on this DIY. I had to use a hammer with my kit, and it was a little awkward, but hammering out all my tensions to flatten the bottom of the rivet. And I didn’t hit myself once! Success! If you’re into your metal work these would actually look ace with metal plates. I’m currently working myself up to that. Any tips for a beginner?