So unfortunately this month I spent that £320 I had to blow on designer earrings on, well… rent. Oh, a girl can dream, but she can also do one better, make! I love it when I come across the perfect designer DIY like these Givenchy Small Cone Earrings. Not only are these ace for people without pierced ears but are ridiculously cheap and easy to make. Win, win, win.
1. Roll two balls of light pink polymer clay just a little bigger than a pea. A big pea lets say.
2. Shape them into cones keeping the bottom flat against a hard surface.
3. Taking one half of your magnetic clasp press it into the flat side of your cone. Then using the other half of the magnet as leverage pull it back out again.
4. Roll out the yellow polymer clay this time into balls just a little smaller than peas.
5. Push the magnet into these balls and then flatten them down. Make sure you’re keeping the magnet concealed at the back.
6. Like before use the other half of the magnet to remove the clasp from the polymer clay.
7. You should now have your earring shapes with little inverted nipple shapes in them. Pop these in a pan (that you will never cook food in again) and boil for half an hour. This stops the clay discolouring (thank you to Caroline for that one!)
8. When your clay is hard and has cooled down glue the magnets back into their holes. Wait to dry and you’re ready to go!