So after making this backless top I was thinking, what a fantastic opportunity to get some back jewellery on the go. I’ve been wanting to make something to embellish an open back top for some time, and now I have the perfect excuse. After rummaging through my supplies I found a few bits and pieces and put them together, just in time for NYE!
(p.s. I accidentally left the clasp of the materials picture. Make sure you read the ‘You’ll need” section for the full list)
A feather (or two)
Crimpable chain (fine metal chain)
Box closers/cord ends
*Extension chain and clasp*
A pendant for the front of the necklace.
1. Make a regular necklace by crimping your clasp onto the chain.
2. Attach the pendant using a jump ring.
3. Take another small section of chain and crimp cord ends the both ends of the chain.
4. Attach a cord end onto the feather.
5. Using jump rings attach the feather to one end of the extra length of chain, and then the other end to the necklace clasp chain.
The feather shouldn’t be too heavy and shouldn’t pull the necklace down at the back. If you choose to put something heavier on the back, you’ll have to put something to weigh it down at the front as well. That’s why a feather is ideal, see?