In this tutorial I’ve combined my love of anything lacey with a big old chunk of metal to toughen it up a bit, or alternatively to give hardware a lovely, softer edge… whatever you’re in the mood for I guess.
This is another tutorial that uses pipe from a DIY store so I’m using up my leftovers from this tutorial along with some lace scraps, which makes this project super cheap.
- Measure out and cut piece of pipe to the size you would like your ring. Ideally use a pipe cutter, and watch for sharp edges.
- File down all of the edges so that your ring doesn’t become some sort of ancient Chinese torture implement.
- Smoother the ring with Mod Podge/Glue.
- Cover with your lace scrap and smoother some more Mod Podge/Glue over the top.
- Leave to dry and trim the excess.
And that’s all there is to it. If you’d like a glossier effect cover with more layers of Mod Podge, or a resin effect glue such as Glossy Accents. I like mine a bit rough and ready though. x